Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nothing new here... Just a little complacency.

Not much happening here in the last few weeks.... I've bee pretty lazy about working on this blog lately......Been fishin' twice and havent cleaned anything yet...Any day now the mesquite should open up the little buds and the fishing will be great!
Ok,...I was wrong about nothing new recently, now that I think of it....
I FINALLY saw one of my queen bees from last spring!! She still had parts of the green dot on her back!
I did a hive split last weekend,...Just couldnt wait....Actually it wasnt really a split...It was more like a 50/30 split...I saw eggs, and larva, and there was a ton of honey still left from last summer...So,...I did it.....I grabbed a frame with eggs, larva, and a mess of bees, and grabbed a frame of honey...I put them in a new box,......(Right next to the original hive)(inches)...Then I switched positions of the two hives so the new hive would get forage...A few days later I decided to go ahead and feed the new hive.....
So far they seem to be doing great!!

My buddy Paul and i both got a 3 lb package of bees (With queen)..They came from Georgia, 45$ a package...couldnt pass it up!
I was stung four times from my package.....Pauls package didnt sting me at all....I wonder if I got stung by my bees because there were alot more dead ones in my package?
As far as my vacation time goes, i still have 5 more days and one weekend left....Sure is going fast!
My weight?.....Crap,....I'm sitting on 242 usually...Sometimes I get down to 240 but that pops back up pretty quick...I keep finding junk to eat!!
One last thing....The BOSTON REDSOX won their season opener in Japan!!...They played again(At 5:30 this morning) and lost....bummer....But,....They play AGAIN tomorrow morning at 5:30!!!...I'm getting up early and I'm not even doing it to go fishing!!!
Well,....Thats about it from here....I'll get back to you soon!

No comments: