Monday, March 10, 2008

Weigh-In!

Ok,...I'm not 235 yet....just down to 242lb. I just ate 3 GREAT BURGERS!...Cooked them while drinking 3 ice cold Coronas! Oh, it was a beautiful day! I didnt go to work either as i have to burn 17 VAC. days off!..you know, use it or lose it days! Also went to the Dr this morning for a prostate check...pee in a jar,...give blood,.....Finger up the 'ol back door!!....Everythings cool I guess!
I got home, made a frame for where i'm gonna pour cement on my next day off.That went real well!
I have 31 items on a list i wanna do with my days off and so far I'm making groung move, even better than I had planned!
Looked in on the bees today! they were pretty quiet, so when I started seeing them pour out of the top from under the inner cover I told my audience(of one) it was time to RUN!...And so we did!..We ran right back to the grill with the burgers cooking!!!
Ok,...thats about it from here for now!
your friend,
john

3 comments:

Stephen Olner said...

great but why did the bee's come after you ???

John said...

Looks like you got it goin' on!!
Sorry, I havent seen your posts on my blog till now.
I dont know why the bees came out like they did that day..Just kind of a freaky thing. Its never happened to me like that before and it hasnt since.
Ok,..back to the hive tops....
Just a few weeks ago I made a mess(a lot) of tops..But I was running short of material so I decided to call the covers "Migratory covers".
Sooo,..I only put trim on the front and back, and only used 1" trim pieces for this..Guess what???
When I put my lids on the didnt telescope! I didnt take in mind the inner cover thickness!..So now, when I put the lid on, the outer cover sucks up the inner cover and theres nothing to keep it from sliding around!!!..So much for frugality, eh??
I've done them before with fine results..I just dont know where my head slipped this time!

your friend,
john

Stephen Olner said...

i didn't want to spend 20-30 bucks on a telescopic and an inner cover. i'm pretty pleased with the result and will be making some more off them soon